Saturday, January 30, 2016

Mental Real Estate

An evil man is rebellious to the core. He does not fear God, for he is too proud to recognize and give up his sin. (Psalms 36:1-2 NET_FL)

In the expanse of our universe the only real estate where I’m sovereign is in the space of my mind. I may influence my environment, but I don’t have the final say. Even my body is subjected to restrictions. In my head, however, I’m free to do as I please. Unless my thoughts are expressed, no one contradicts me. I can fantasize in any direction I choose.
Inside my little kingdom I can do no wrong. Ineptness and weak character are dubbed endearing personality traits. Sinful contemplations run opposite the reality around me and I don’t police my conclusions. I’m too proud to recognize and give up the sin hidden inside my head.
 Even on the rare occasions I try to cleanup my brain pollution, I can’t do it. My only hope is to deed my mental real estate to Jesus. Let him remove the rubbish. With his word he rakes my ungodly thoughts. With his role model he readies piles for destruction. With his love he burns what doesn’t belong. I’ll give him ownership, then move aside like the renter that I am, and watch him work.
When Jesus has made some progress with my thoughts, I’ll have no room for self-righteous judgment. He does all the work. I’m left with nothing but to beg for grace for myself and others.
The reality is than I’m not a king, not even in the space between my ears. Jesus is the only Sovereign in the universe and its time the tiny acreage in my head stops living in rebellion.


Prayer: High King Jesus, cleanup my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment